Recipient of the Brentwood Small Business Excellence Award
- finding greater satisfaction in their most important relationships
- relief from stress, depression and anxiety
- feeling more empowered as a parent
- enhanced self esteem
- gaining greater fulfillment in life
Formerly, I was a staff therapist at the Ann Martin Children's Center in Oakland, at Lincoln Child Center in Oakland, and at the TALKLine Family Support Center in San Francisco. These experiences afforded me the opportunity to provide therapy to elementary and middle school aged children and their families as well as to individuals and couples.
I hold a Master's Degree in Psychology from the University of San Francisco with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy and Child Counseling and possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology from Loyola Marymount University. I am trained in the Gottman method for couples and in Filial Therapy for families.
In addition to being an experienced Marriage and Family Therapist, I have over 17 years of experience providing social services to clients from different ethnicities, economic backgrounds and educational levels. Additionally, I have volunteered as a mentor to several high school students.
I was the 2008 President of SF Bay Area Chapter of the California Association for Play Therapy (CALAPT), am a member in good standing with both the state and local chapters of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) and am a past recipient of the CAMFT Ronald D. Lunceford Scholarship.
- How to tell if your marriage or your relationship is in trouble
- How to tell if your child needs to see a Therapist
- Should My Child See a Therapist?
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- East Bay Therapist
- California Association for Play Therapy
- Association for Play Therapy
- Get Help 24/7 from 211 Service in the San Francisco Bay Area